Forums / Questions and Answers / Why are the of succes wrong

Why are the of succes wrong
11:45:28 Aug 24th 09 - Mr. Daemon III:

Ok i dont know if anyone else is having problems with this or if its just me but i dont know how many times ill have 95-100% chance for sucsse and ill lose all my troops and or fail a magic cast ok i could see maybe every now and then it happening but its happening alot to me and i just a bit ago had a 92% chance of succes for an EitS and it failed 5 times in a row i mean come on whats going on here?


11:49:18 Aug 24th 09 - Lady Astoria:

its simple...........you have a 92% chance of success and that 8% was rolled


12:13:33 Aug 24th 09 - Mr. Philippe Chrisey:

well i dont think he should be losing all his troops...thats close to an impossibility....


12:25:06 Aug 24th 09 - Mr. Daemon III:

Lady astoria i would understand if it did it once in a while but its doing it all the time and this is the only era i have had trouble with it i mean even if that 8% was rolled theres no way it should have done it 5 times in a row


12:41:59 Aug 24th 09 - Commander Baldwin:

Probably the first roll was 8% success of failure, second 15%, third 25% and so on... or even worse if you lost a lot of MUs while failing the first time.

Chances for that would be for example 0.08*0.15*0.25*0.5*0.7 = 0.001. That's one times out of thousand, so it can still happen :-)

Bad luck.


12:46:05 Aug 24th 09 - Commander Baldwin:

Yeah and probably this game uses just some normal pseudo-random function in the used programming language... is that php or what ever.

Real randomness could be received by caching, let's say 100000 real random numbers from random.org etc. Then just use the random numbers one by one from cache and fill it up every now and then, not to run out of them.

Random.org uses atmospheric noise for creating the randomness and that's as close as one can get of real randomness.


13:08:38 Aug 24th 09 - Mr. Orcinus Orca:

i dont if any1 understands you baldwin bt i cant.

 

try saying it in english pls


13:17:45 Aug 24th 09 - Mr. Dropkick:

woah its baldwin i havnt seen or talked 2 u in ages. go baldwin u tell them in that language that i cant remember the name of lol im learnin it in IPTrite now


00:07:02 Aug 25th 09 - Mr. Daemon III:

i get what he is saying just sucks cuz it seems like its just been this round were its been messing up or something


11:35:10 Aug 25th 09 - Commander Baldwin:

Heh. I was just pointing out that it is possible that the problem might be in the game implementation regarding the used random functions. Like the dice roll routines.

And was also pointing out for the developers (players/users cannot change these) that if they feel like getting a perfect implementation for their software, they could use real randomness from somewhere in the net without using ready made pseudo-random functions found in most programming language standard libraries :-)

I'm also just playing for this era for now. Is getting kinda boring in VU without walls, merges nor anything fun and new :-/


12:02:00 Aug 25th 09 - Mr. Dropkick:

i no ayy with the walls and merging. but u were kinda a solo player anyways baldwin. u didnt really merge when i was playin with u in glory


12:18:59 Aug 25th 09 - Commander Baldwin:

That era I was planning to play solo whole era, without a KD, but then I decided to join Glory anyways. Needed someone to protect my back, while I was having fun on frontline. This era I'm again with the Pks, but couldn't be too active, so it's not that much fun. Would have been better for the KD if I could have been contributing to merges and not just defending.


16:09:02 Aug 25th 09 - Mr. Daemon III:

well as it sits im done with this game if this happens to me next round cuz it basically just killed all my mages in an EitS spell that had an 80% of completion so if this even happens once next round im sorry but im done


16:17:54 Aug 25th 09 - Mr. Fear:

it's a jinx. Always if i want to do StG with about 90% first time i miss and lose about 5000 mages and more then 1000 towers... Then I do StG and lose 1000 mages and 300 towers if it's succesfull. That means I'll need about 2 million of my StG gold to use to remake some mages and towers... It does suck


18:00:52 Aug 25th 09 - Lord Wraith The Bloody:

Wow, you sound like %ages are always exact.
If you get a coin and flip it 10 times, will you ALWAYS get 5 heads and 5 tails?
Grow up and stop whining :)

P.s. Dont StG with magic towers, and you cant get 90% with StG :P Its just, impossible :)


01:47:10 Aug 26th 09 - Lord Pesterd:

@baldwin

the game was written in ASP/JavaScript


04:59:41 Aug 26th 09 - Mr. Daemon III:

hey im not whinning Lord Wraith i was just asking questions and since it keep happening im just prob not play anymore so i dont have to deal with it its not whining its just this game dosent seem like its for me


03:47:18 Aug 27th 09 - Sir Penor The Dysfunctional:

Don't worry, Daemon. Wraith is just kind of a.... mean person ;)


06:28:46 Aug 27th 09 - Demonslayer Charley Deallus IV:

Shaunie boy isn't mean :p He is just very blunt with his statements.


09:04:56 Aug 27th 09 - Commander Baldwin:

You should learn to save your MUs. Have an army in the magic city and move MUs in safe before casting, that is, you should use only the minimum required amount of mages each time casting. And for StG you shouldn't cast it from a city. Just move an army with about 5k MUs to the city and cast from army. A lot smaller casualties.


10:21:43 Aug 27th 09 - Sir Penor The Dysfunctional:

That's the word I was looking for! Blunt :)


[Top]  Pages:   1 

Login
Username: Don't have an account - Sign up!
Password: Forgot your password - Retrive it!

My bookmarksOld forum design


- close -
  Copyright © 1999-2018 Visual Utopia. All rights reserved. Page loaded in 0.02 seconds. Server time: 9:32:43 PM